Monday, February 16, 2009

Good Stuff

We're happy to announce that yesterday was Christ Journey's first worship gathering in a new location! In the four months that we've been here, Christ Journey had outgrown the coffee shop. We are now meeting in a party room leased out by Nashville, TX, a local antique shop.

I can't tell you how good it felt to walk in yesterday morning to a bigger room, chairs more spread out, with space to actually visit after church. Another plus of this new space is that, for a few months anyway, we do not have to load/unload the trailer every week! This is quite a job, and a bit of a burden...it will be wonderful to get a break from it, even if it is for just a few months. Yesterday also happened to be my Sunday in the nursery. This was a wonderful new experience, too. In the coffee shop, the nursery consisted of a conference room that was closed off from the rest of the place by doors with huge glass windows in them -- right behind the worship stage. Every one of the folks that is regularly up there has a baby in the nursery, and the babies could not only hear, but see them at any given time. Yeah, it was to say the least, not ideal -- but we made it work and were so thankful to have it.

Our new nursery is a little room off the side of the party room. It is bigger -- and there are no glass doors! It will, of course, take a few weeks of being in there to work out a couple of little kinks, but mostly it was great. The kids couldn't see out, and the distraction of seeing in was gone for the big folks. The sound still traveled though. Apparently we were a little loud. Several criers yesterday, including my own. :) There's even more Christ Journey news that I don't think we've shared yet -- I'm now working with the children's ministry. I'm organizing stuff for the preschoolers. I'm totally excited about it -- that's right up my alley. I schedule teachers, set and prepare curriculum, and gather supplies for each week (all of our classroom supplies must be porable since we rent that space, too). We've also implemented a "Family Sunday" on the last Sunday of each month. The idea is to give the teachers a little break, and give families a chance to worship together, and give the kids a chance to see what all goes on in "big church." I've been working on doing some fun things for that, too. (Next week is Family Sunday, hopefully I'll have more details then!) This takes some time, time that has been a challenge to carve out, but it's been worth it. I have several more ideas, several more things I'd like to do...as I find the time and resources to make it happen.

We're so glad to be here and be a part of this gathering of house churches. God is so good. Thanks for sharing in this journey with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment